NMEDA Names 2013 Board of Directors
- By Laurie Watanabe
- Feb 14, 2013
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) has named its 2013 board of directors.
In a news announcement, NMEDA said the board’s goal “is to unite members to expand and improve transportation options for the more than 18 million people with disabilities.”
The new board members are as follows:
• Sam Cook (president) -- Superior Van & Mobility, Louisville, Ky.
• Mark DiRosa (vice president) -- M.C. Mobility Systems, Mentor, Ohio
• Richard May (secretary) -- United Access, St. Louis, Mo.
• Bill Koeblitz (treasurer) -- Mobility Works, Akron, Ohio
• Andrew Bayer (manufacturer representative) -- Bruno Independent Living Aids, Oconomowoc, Wis.
• Nick Gutwein (manufacturer representative) -- The Braun Corporation, Winamac, Ind.
• Ron Mohr (Northern representative) -- Clock Conversions, Grand Rapids, Mich.
• James May (Southern representative) -- Freedom Mobility Aids, Clemmons, N.C.
• Bob Lundin (Midwest representative) -- IMED Mobility, Tea, S.D.
• Kevin Durby (Western representative) -- Performance Mobility, Colorado Springs, Colo.
• Raj Pagadala (associate representative) -- Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, Atlanta
• David Hutchison (Canadian president) -- Sparrow Hawk Industries, Ltd., Waterloo, Ontario
• Bill Siebert (past president) -- Siebert Mobility, Inc., Glenwood, Iowa
Dave Hubbard, NMEDA’s CEO/executive director, said in the news release, “This year’s board possesses knowledgeable and experienced individuals who each bring unique insights to our industry. I look forward to working with this dedicated group, especially as we usher in our second year of National Mobility Awareness Month.”
May is National Mobility Awareness month. During last year’s inaugural Month, the association, manufacturers, clinicians, consumers and other stakeholders participated in a wildly popular accessible vehicle giveaway contest that resulted in more than two million votes being cast.
Last week, NMEDA held its annual convention in Daytona Beach, Fla. Hubbard reported a strong turnout, including nearly 100 consumers who attended the conference’s first-ever consumer day. The association represents mobility equipment dealers and driver rehabilitation specialists in the United States and Canada.
About the Author
Laurie Watanabe is the editor of Mobility Management. She can be reached at email@example.com.