Play, Learn, Drive: How a Video Game Can Improve Power Chair Driving
Among the most challenging situations for a complex rehab clinician or ATP is whether or not a client is ready to operate a power wheelchair. This decision can be further complicated by parents or caregivers reluctant to agree to a power chair trial or assessment.
What if there were a way to conduct that assessment without using a power chair, when necessary? And what if there were a way to help clients to improve their power chair readiness in a measurable way that is also fun?
Join Gabriel Romero as he introduces Stealth Products’ i-Drive LOONZ, the video game that assesses power chair skills, collects valuable clinical input, and motivates improvement, all in a safe, engaging environment.
What You’ll Learn:
- Use the LOONZ video game to assess client readiness for power chair operation.
- Set realistic client goals for power chair driving, operation and improvement.
- Collect clinical feedback tools to assess the client’s strengths, weaknesses and progress.
- Learn how LOONZ interfaces with i-Drive, Stealth Products’ alternative driving controls system.
- Discover how LOONZ is working to achieve greater inclusion for all clients — and gamers!
Attendance is FREE
Don’t miss out, this on-demand recording is available for a limited time... register today!
About Our Speaker
Gabriel Romero began working in the complex rehab industry in 1999, focusing on the alternative drive controls market. During this time, he developed a strong electronics background and provided advanced technical expertise for high-end rehab electronics through training manuals, evaluations and educational marketing.
In 2004, Gabriel joined Stealth Products Inc., a manufacturer of complex rehab positioning hardware and seating components, as VP of sales and marketing. He has conducted numerous evaluations, educational seminars and training events at such events as the International Seating Symposium, the Canadian Seating & Mobility Symposium, Closing the Gap and Medtrade. He works closely with therapists and providers and is widely known for his passion, ingenuity and creativity with alternative drive control solutions.