Advocating with Passion: CRT Awareness Week 2021
As part of the 2021 National Complex Rehab
Technology (CRT) Awareness Week, Mobility
Management and NCART partnered on a podcast
to talk about advocacy — its challenges,
processes and rewards.
Panelists for this discussion were:
- Brook McCall, Senior Director, Tech Access Initiative
for United Spinal and a consumer of Complex Rehab
- Erin Michael, PT, DPT, ATP/SMS, Manager of Patient
Advocacy and special programs for Kennedy Krieger
Institute in Baltimore
- Mike Osborn, ATP, CRTS, the owner of Alliance
Rehab and Medical Equipment.
Representing NCART — the National Coalition for Assistive & Rehab Technology — for the podcast was its
Associate Director, Mickae Lee.
This Viewpoint will provide the answers to:
- How do you approach CRT advocacy?
- What’s your opening pitch to a Congressional staffer?
- Do you have any advice for
overcoming that anxiety when
- If you had to narrow down
all of your years of advocacy experience
to one thing that makes a difference, or
something you found that is particularly
impactful to the offices and the
individuals that you’re speaking with,
what would that be?